Thursday, January 24, 2019

TG Book Review: Transformed: MtF Body Transformation Punishment by M Wills


I've seen M Wills around a lot when I've been browsing for new TG content on Amazon. Transformed stuck out to me because after growing up in the '90s and reading a ton of Spells 'R' Us stories, I've got a soft spot for people being transformed in a mall setting. Transformed follows five male friends who upset the wizard proprietor of a mall magic shop, and end up transformed into pop-culture-inspired women with a ticking clock and some difficult obstacles on their way back to masculinity.

I generally enjoyed this story. It was a little short, as these one-off Kindle TG stories often are, and in the beginning I had a hard time keeping track of which character was which. They're given fairly broad personalities and we don't spend too much time with them pre-transformation, so I ended up going back to the beginning a few times just to remind myself who was who. As someone who's also writing a story about five transformed guys, I know the struggle.

Of the five transformations, I recognized the sources for three, which were pretty easy to identify. I couldn't place the other two, which might just mean I'm not familiar with the sources, or might indicate that they're a bit less specifically inspired than the others. Aside from one very specific actress reference, it'd be easy to imagine that this story is set in the '90s, since two of the significant reference characters would have been more recognizable then.

The transformations themselves happen a little too quickly for my taste, and it would have been nice to linger a bit more on some aspects of them. There's a character with some extra parts that don't really get enough attention.

There's a ticking clock to the characters' struggle, and a deceptively easy task for them to accomplish to recover their manhood. I won't give away the ending, but I thought the obstacles thrown in their way were generally pretty fun.

Overall, Transformed is a fun little book that'll resonate with you if you like a little bit of pop culture in your transformation stories, but it could have benefited from spending a little more time on most of the story elements. I look forward to checking out more of M Wills' books.

No comments:

Post a Comment